On Monday, August 22nd, the Hudson Select Board voted to authorize the purchase of the Hudson National Guard Armory from the Commonwealth’s Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM). The Town of Hudson completed the purchase using State earmark funds secured by Senator Jamie Eldridge in legislation designed for that purpose. The Select Board voted to approve and sign a three-year lease agreement with us, the the Hudson Cultural Alliance (HCA), a local non-profit leading the efforts to purchase and transform the Armory building into a community arts and cultural center for the Town of Hudson.
THANK YOU to everyone who has supported this four year plus journey!
Special thanks to Senator Jamie Eldridge, Representative Kate Hogan, the Hudson Select Board, and all Hudson businesses, restaurants, organizations and individuals who have inspired us and contributed to The Hudson Armory Project in countless ways.The next step for the HCA/Hudson Armory Project is to hire the architect, structural engineer and HVAC specialist to begin the renovation process. Development strategies and needs will be based on the acquisition of this professional team and the recommended materials required to bring the building up to code.
The HCA/Hudson Armory Project continues to fundraise for the matching $200,000.00 grant awarded by the Massachusetts Cultural Council. To date, $175,000.00 has been raised towards that goal.
Here is how you can help the Hudson Armory Project and your community:
- Head downtown on Saturday, September 17th with your family and friends to the Celebrate Hudson Festival to revel in the excitement of the Town of Hudson winning America’s Main Streets and the acquisition of the Armory.
- Buy a 50/50 raffle ticket sponsored by the Hudson Business Improvement District at the celebration; proceeds will be split between the winning ticket holder and the Hudson Armory Project. The winning ticket will be pulled by Representative Kate Hogan at 6:00 pm in front of Town Hall.
- Support the arts and your community by volunteering at the festival. Volunteers are needed from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm—you decide how much time you want to serve; work at least 2 hours and receive a shirt and a $20 gift card. Contact MaeZagami@gmail.com
- Purchase that 50/50 raffle ticket when shopping at Hudson Appliance, Mullahy’s Cheese Shop, Serendipity, Wright’s Jewelers, and Crose Nest or when banking at Main Street Band and Avidia Bank. The more you buy—the better your chances!
- Make a donation of any amount to The Hudson Armory Project.
- Sign up on the mailing list so you can stay tuned for updates—including the release of our redesigned website!